Since its publication, Regulation 14 of the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992, has required employers to ensure that glass within critical locations throughout their premises has been subject to a risk assessment to ensure it meets a minimum safety impact standard. Employers who fail to meet this legal obligation run the risk of costly litigation should an accident occur involving these glazed areas.
Mercia Facilities provides window filming that offers a cost-effective way of ensuring your glazed areas comply with health and safety regulations and can also be used to enhance the look of your work place.
Window Film - the Benefits
- Solar heat control
- Gives a more comfortable environment
- Solar glare reduction
- Reduces glare whilst maintaining view out
- Bomb blast & security
- Prevent arson attacks.
- Offers protection for property and people in the event of Bomb Blast
- Safety window films
- Protect in cases of spontaneous breakage
- UV filtering/Fade reduction
- Air conditioning/Solar heat control films
- Reduces the load on air conditioning units
- Energy savings all season
- Both winter and summer
- Workplace regulation 14 compliance
- More cost effective than glass replacement
- Architectural window tinting
- Enhancing the beauty of glass
- Window graphics
- Corporate signage and identity on doors, partitions and manifestations enhance & make glass apparent.
- Privacy window film
- Ideal for security and modesty purposes
- Conservatory window film
- Dust free alternative to blinds
- Anti graffiti
- Sacrificial barrier against scratching, etching and spraying by vandals